It is important to be familiar with the requirements for commercial kitchen hoods if you manage commercial kitchens.
Neglecting restaurant kitchen hood maintenance can cause costly repairs, additional fees, or even unsafe working conditions for employees.
Continue reading to find out more about commercial restaurant roof systems and maintenance. LA Hood Cleaning can also help you schedule an inspection of your restaurant hood system.
What is a Restaurant Hood System and How Does It Work?
First, let’s clarify what a restaurant hood system is and what it does.
A restaurant hood system extracts heat and grease from your commercial kitchen. It’s a ventilation system that helps to keep your kitchen safe, reduce slip and fall injuries, as well as reduce the possibility of cooking fires.
It ensures that your commercial kitchen is well ventilated, which keeps your workspace fresh.
Parts of the Restaurant Hood System
What are the different components of a restaurant-hood system?
A restaurant hood system usually consists of these components:
- Exhaust fan
- Exhaust hood
- Control panel (where ventilation system can be adjusted to your liking at any moment).
- Pollution control devices (designed to eliminate grease and kitchen odors).
- Rooftop units
- Grease duct
- Grease trap pot/cup
Types of Kitchen Fan Systems
There are many options for restaurant hood systems. There are many options available for restaurant hood system types.
- Microwave with Hood (over the Range)
- Ceiling mount hood system
- You will find the cabinet hood system.
- Downdraft hood systems
- Wall-mounted range hood system
- Ducted restaurant hood system
- Recirculating restaurant hood systems
Restaurant Hoods Routine Maintenance
It is essential to ensure that your restaurant hoods are regularly inspected and maintained. It will reduce the risk of many accidents and also improve the working environment for your workers.
Commercial kitchens should perform routine maintenance such as:
You should change the hood filter every two to three months, depending on how often you use the kitchen.
- Inspection and cleaning of the hood by a professional
- Routine inspections will be conducted on your restaurant’s hood system in order to verify that it is working properly
The importance of cleaning your commercial kitchen hood
Why is it so important that your commercial kitchen fan system be cleaned and maintained on a regular basis?
There are many reasons it is important to clean your commercial kitchen fan regularly.
- It reduces the likelihood of kitchen fires.
- Clean commercial kitchen hoods create a cleaner environment.
- Restaurant hood systems that are regularly cleaned and maintained can help reduce slip-and-fall accidents.
- According to the NFPA, commercial kitchens are required by law to have their exhaust hoods regularly cleaned by a professional. Restaurant owners could face closure if they fail to adhere to this guideline.
- Clean your commercial kitchen fan system will improve productivity and efficiency.
Commercial Hood Installation Cost
- It all depends on what type and size restaurant hood system is ordered when it comes to the cost of installing a range hood.
- Commercial hood installation typically costs about $1,000 per square foot. If you have a 15-foot range hood installed, the installation cost could be around $15,000.
- If you ask, most commercial hood installers will give you an estimate on the cost of the installation. Don’t hesitate to contact potential installers.
- Best Restaurant Hood Systems
These are the top-rated restaurants hood systems
- PLJW 185 (under cabinet system).
- PLFW 520 wall-mounted system
- PLJI 103: Kitchen Island System
- PLFI 755.60 (kitchen island system)
- ProSW.60 (wall-mounted system)
There will be more options or less depending on the size range hood that is needed. Range hoods are typically between 30-inch and sixty-inch in size.
How Often Do I Need to Have My Restaurant Hood System Cleaned
Your commercial kitchen hood system should be cleaned and inspected at least every three months.
There are a few exceptions to this three-month cleaning policy:
- Your commercial kitchen may have wood or charcoal stoves. They will need to cleaned once per month in this instance.
- If you run a fast-food eatery. This includes cleaning your restaurant’s hood every month.
- You may find additional exceptions to this three-month rule. If you are unsure whether your commercial kitchen is one of these exceptions, you can always speak with a hood cleaning professional about it.
- Remember that it’s always safer to be cautious than to risk a kitchen fire, or a fine. Seattle Hood Cleaning can help you with all your questions.
Commercial Kitchen Exhaust Hood Cleaning Service in the greater Los Angeles area.
LA Hood Cleaning can help you partner with the best restaurant hood cleaning company in the greater Los Angeles are if your commercial kitchen is located in Los Angeles.
For years LA Hood Cleaning has been helping commercial kitchens become safer and more efficient by cleaning their restaurant hood systems. We are aware of the importance to maintain a clean restaurant roof system.
Our restaurant hood system cleaners consist of hardworking, highly-trained, passionate individuals who are eager to lend their expertise to your kitchen.
LA Hood Cleaning is available to help you with your commercial kitchen cleaning needs.
You are just one phone call away at 310-340-6232 from a more safe and functional commercial kitchen.